Monday, November 23, 2009

Other Events

I'm going to try to fashion a blurry time line of other notable happenings in the past few weeks...

hmm...

Everything that comes to mind does not belong on this blog.

Oh yeah!  I started blocking in the open gaps where the rafters meet the outer walls with left-over styrofoam from the ceiling.  The blocks are being sealed with PL-300, the same foamboard adhesive that I used on the floor.  The great thing about this particular product is the color!  It is usually a nice light blue, similar to robin's egg.  It belongs in the same color family as the green grout and reminds me of Tron.  All places in which exposed stryofoam will join with any other material will be sealed with this stuff.  It looks good.

There are so many different adhesives made by PL that I may have to use some new materials to have a reason to have more colorful lines defining the edges of my home (I just sent PL a message thanking them for their product.  Ironically, their slogan is "Unseen, but not Unnoticed."  I am proving them half-wrong).

Sloan NYC fashion designer Brian Stanziale bought me a cast iron skillet a few weeks ago as a house-warming gift.  We cooked over the outside fire and it was goooood.  In fact, it felt just like our summer cabin-camping trip except with less rain.  We made a stir-fry with onion, pepper, chicken and some other stuff.  There was no need to season the dish at all, but we poured some Southern Comfort on top to make a bunch of pretty flames anyways.  We stayed up late and drank and smoked a lot.  Will was chillin', and Emily and Arone got home some time and hung out for a while too.  We made stove-top espresso on the wood stove indoors and roasted marshmellows.  It was by far the hottest the cabin has been ever.  Very early in the morning we got up and made sausage.  Boom.

The extremely drafty front door has had some minor improvements.  There is a lock, and the major gaps have been blocked up with the frame shop scraps.  It still needs a lot of love.  At night, I stuff a bunch of fake fur around the edges to stop the draft.  It works alright.

I bought an electric guitar on a gray Saturday afternoon.  At the time, it was important that I started recording a song as soon as possible, but nothing got done that day.  That was also iron skillet day methinks.

Will and I played Mariokart 64 outside last weekend.  It was sweet.  The game station stayed set up all evening, and I had a nice group of visitors over for the first time.  We had more fire stir-fry and more impressive, Beef Ribs as a second dinner.  Later Brian and I made s'mores.  We didn't have graham crackers, so we used powered donuts instead.  LIVING!

I'll edit this and add photos later.  bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment