Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Rafters Up

Today I went back to work and hung the first two rafters in the afternoon.  I had imagined myself figuring out all the angles with trigonometry like I used to as a math rock star.  Instead, I couldn't remember how to do SOHCAHTOA to save my life and ended up drawing it out full scale on the floor and measuring the angle with my right triangle.

The days have been getting dark extremely early this week, so today's production was shut down as quickly as it began.  Getting everything out, opened up and then put away and covered took as long as the actual work -mostly because all the 2 x 8s needing shelter in the house due to the incoming weather.

I'll throw some photos up later.  It's taco time!

2 comments:

  1. hey wes -

    cara told me about your project/blog, so i thought i'd check it out.

    it's kind of bananas, but i am in no way surprised you're taking it on and have no doubts you'll finish it beautifully.

    hoping our paths cross again someday soon,
    stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear lord!

    the place is coming together man. i have some severely bright lights i could bring over if you want to work at night.

    yep i'm still working on the movie, but there are only a few days left of shooting. then, it's the wrap party!!

    i dig the blog man. it's supercool. i'm sorta in disbelief, but not all that surprised that you are doing this. your a man with big ideas and the follow through to back it up. you're someone to look up to for all us slackers.

    gotta get ready for work, see ya later holmes.

    -patrick

    ReplyDelete