Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Few Days Off

It has been cold. Monday I spent time working on some small paintings and general r & r. The quality of the r & r was so great that it ended up leaving me unable to walk this Tuesday morning.

My left knee no longer has an anterior crucial ligament (ACL). This anatomical stabilizer is given the surname "crucial" because it both sounds rad and is fairly literal. So, in the course of the evening, my knee ended in a compromised and contorted position (*) resulting in it not being able to straighten out or support weight.

So I took the day off work! Hell yeah.

On waking, a 25 point to-do list was compiled for the next 24 hours. 11 of 25 have been completed, which makes this already a very productive Tuesday.

I painted a picture for my grandmother. She isn't long for this world. I think about her occasionally, and feel shamed for not spending time with her this past year.

As soon as Lost Highway is over, I will sketch out how to cut my rafters, and maybe even screw some braces onto the large beam on the brick wall. that might be a good way to loosen up my knee without doing any lifting. Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment